WFA Coaching Wheelchair Football Course
Date: Saturday, 23rd & Sunday, 24th February 2013
Venue: De Vere VILLAGE Hotel,
Register online Now...
The WFA have developed a Coaching Wheelchair Football course, in order to recruit and educate coaches to deliver Powerchair Football. This course has been approved by the FA, but is delivered by the WFA due to the expertise required. The Coaching Wheelchair Football course is designed to provide an introduction to the sport and includes theory sections on the Laws, equipment, disability as well as practical sessions.
This one day course will focus on the adaptation of football drills for use with Powerchair Football players. Candidates will experience using the Powerchairs and then work with players in the afternoon to deliver drills.
On completion of the day, candiates will receive a certificate and a USB memory stick Resource Pack.
Overview of the Day
09:00 - Welcome & Introduction
09:30 - Practical Session One
11:30 - Theory Session One
12:30 - LUNCH
13:00 - Theory Session Two
14:00 - Practical Session Two
16:00 - Review of the Day
16:30 - Close
Outcomes of the Day
- Learn about the equipment that is used to play wheelchair football, the range of equipment available and how it can be used to enable participation.
- Understand and learn the key skills that are need to play wheelchair football.
- Learn basic drills and how to adapt/progress them in order to develop players.
- Gain an insight into disability, the different models of disability, the impairments you will encounter, classification and why it is needed and the considerations required when working with wheelchair footballers.
- Learn the Laws of the Game and how they impact on the sport and players.
- Experience, learn and develop advanced drills regarding key aspects of the game.
- Learn how to develop drills into match scenarios and experience match play.
- Understand the role of the Wheelchair Football Association.